What is it?
If you are self-isolating due to COVID-19 and have no support in place from family, friends or neighbours we'd like to try and help.
How we can help?
- Essential shopping. We will collect and deliver your shopping to you with no charge for delivery.
- Emergency hot food
- Telephone befriending (a friendly chat twice each week) Information, Advice & Guidance from our trained team
- Carer support group
- Bereavement support virtual group
- Transition to care virtual group. Has the person you care for recently gone into residential care? Join other carers online to share experiences and support.
- Local contractors. We have a database of local handymen, plumbers etc. who are working during the pandemic.
Do you have a safeguarding procedure e.g. DBS?: Yes
What time(s) does this service take place?: Covid 19 - Our current opening times are 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, 7 days a week
How often does this service/activity take place?: Multiple times a week
Learning something new
Connecting with others
Day to day helping hand
Helping with money
Information and advice
Transport and getting around
Support with anxiety/depression
Support with housing
Support with employment
Support for carers
Additional needs catered for:
Vision impairment friendly
Hearing impairment friendly
Learning difficulty friendly
Physical disability friendly
Takes place in the client’s home
Non English speaking friendly
Time of day:
Average waiting list (weeks): 0
Service access criteria: You can still contact us by telephone 0191 2808484
Key words - separate with a comma: Age UK North Tyneside
Is this service available nationally?: